Nontawat Numbenchapol was born in 1983, Bangkok Thailand. He graduated from Visual Communication Design Department, Faculty of Fine Arts, Rungsit University.
His work is about 'space'. His debut first documentary directed with Rthit Pannikul and Preduce skateboard 'Weirdrosopher World' tells the story of skateboard players who try to find their own space in Thai society. The film is supported by GTH, one of the biggest film studio in Thailand and Thunksa Pansittivorakul's Thaiindie. Weirdrosopher World was screened at Bangkok Experimental Film Festival and World Film Festival of Bangkok.
Nontawat's second documentary is 'Empire of Mind' in 2009. In this film, Nontawat tells the story of the existence of his own space. The space he grew up, had ties with, and he was going to lost it forever. The film shows his relationship with his grandmother who raise him since he was very young.
In 'Boundary' (2013), he tells the story of the people who live in the village near Preah Vihear temple during the Thailand-Cambodia border dispute. The film is financially supported by Arts Network Asia and DMZ Fund from Asian Network of Documentary, Busan International Film Festival. World premier at Berlin International Film Festival 2013 Forum programme.
Ratchapruek (2012) / 3 mins
- Menam Art Fleuve, Ensapc Ygrec, Paris, France
Aurora Primary (2012)/20 mins
- Film On The Rocks Untamed winners
Empire of mind (2009)/ 58 mins
- Special mention for Duke documentary competition : The 13th Thai Short Film & video Festival Thailand, 2009
- Srisalaya by Thai Film Musiam Thailand, 2010
Bangkok Noise (2007) / 15 mins
- Asian Experimental Cinema,Curated by Tomonari Nishikawa, Tokyo, Japan, 2009
- Head or tail contemporary media and video works from Thailand, Palaas studio, Dublin, Republic of Ireland, 2007
- Thaitake 3, Newyork, USA, 2007
Volatilize (2007)/ 15 mins
- Souteast Asian Digital Cinema, Singapor 2007
- Bangkok University silent film festival 07, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007
- Shortfilm Festival 11, Thaifilm Foundation, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007
Weirdrosopher World (2005) / 88 mins
Directed with Rthit Pannikul and Preduce skateboard.
- Doc Fest, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007
- World Film Festival 4th, Grand, Bangkok, Thailand, 2006
- The 10th Thai Short Film & video Festival, Thaifilm Foundation, Thailand, 2006
- Digital Film Showcase, Bangkok, Thailand, 2006
- the 4th Bangkok Experimental Film Festival (BEFF4: BKK Democrazy), Thailand, 2005